• GREENEVILLE REDS TRAVEL BALL Classic, for 14-under travel baseball teams, will be held June 7-9 at Greeneville. Entry fee $550 per team. Call (423) 609-7400 or email email@example.com for more information.
• GEORGE PITTS BASKETBALL Camps are coming up at King. They are: high school girls team camp (May 30-June 1), high school boys team camp (June 3-8), middle school boys team camp (June 7-8), fundamentals and shooting individual camp for boys ages 7-17 (June 10-13) and position camp for boys ages 7-17 (July 15-18). Visit tornadobasketballcamps.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 652-4781.
• TUSCULUM BASKETBALL CAMPS are coming up this summer. They are: Middle School Team Camp (June 7-8, $150 per team); Guard/Post Skills Camp (June 12-14, $75 per player); Fundamental Skills Camp (June 19-21, $75 per camper); and two Shooting Camps (June 26-28 and July 10-12, $75 per camper). To learn more, contact Pioneers assistant coach Darren Higgins at (423) 676-8778 or email@example.com.
• VIRGINIA-WISE MEN’S BASKETBALL summer camps will be held in June and August. The team camp is June 14-16, the Individual Camp is June 17-21 and the Elite Camp is Aug. 3-4. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com for more information.
• ETSU INDIVIDUAL YOUTH CAMP, hosted by Bucs men’s basketball coach Steve Forbes, will be held June 24-27, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., on the university’s Johnson City campus. Cost is $250 (with $50 nonrefundable deposit). Check-in starts at 7:45 a.m. in Gordon Ball Court, first floor of the Mini Dome, 1081 John Robert Bell Drive. For more information or to register, contact Frank Davis at (678) 780-1560 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or go online at register.ryzer.com/camp.cfm?sport=4&id=132513.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email email@example.com.
• 21st SHOOTING STARS SUMMER Basketball League signups run through June 30. The league, for boys and girls grades 3-12, begins play July 8 at Science Hill in Johnson City. There is a 12-game season plus a tournament. Entry fee is $250. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to register.
• FREE CATFISH DERBY, for children ages 4-12 and hosted by Cherokee Rod and Gun Club, 4280 Reservoir Road, Kingsport, will be held June 1. Check-in will begin at 8 a.m., with fishing from 9-11:30 a.m. Children must have adult supervision and bring their own fishing equipment and bait (chicken livers and power baits suggested). There will be door prizes and awards for heaviest fish caught. A free hot dog lunch will be provided for children and adults after the Catfish Derby. To register, go online at cherokeerodandgunclub.com or contact Kevin Broughton at (423) 343-9073; deadline is May 27.
• ETSU COACH RANDY SANDERS has football camps coming up this spring. A Youth Football Camp, for rising third- through eighth-graders, will take place May 28-29. The Friday Night Lights Prospect Camp, for rising ninth- through 12th-graders with a fee of $40, will be held June 14 from 5-8 p.m. Go online at totalcamps.com/randysandersfootballcamps for more information.
• BIG BLUE BOOSTERS GOLF TOURNAMENT, presented by State Line Graphics, will be held June 7, 8 and 9 at Scott County Park in Gate City. Play will be captain’s choice and best ball with four-person teams and consists of 18 holes on either day of the event. Cost is $50 per person and $200 per team. Contact a member of the Big Blue Boosters for more information.
• BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS East Tennessee Golf Classic, presented by Edfinancial Services and Regal Entertainment Group, will be held Friday, June 21 at Avalon Golf and Country Club in Lenoir City. All funds from the tournament go to BBBS-ETN. Register at BBBSGolfClassic.com by 1 p.m., Monday, April 15, and you’ll be entered to win two passes to the 16th Hole Hospitality Suite at the 2019 Knoxville Open. For more on BBBS-ETN fundraising events, go online at TennesseeBig.org/events.
• NIGHT HIKE TO SINKING WATERS will begin at 9 p.m. on Saturday, June 1 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Bring a dim flashlight and drive to the camp store to carpool to the park backcountry.
• LAKE HOLLOW HIKE is set to begin at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 4 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Meet at the main bath house.
• SINKING WATERS RIDGE HIKE will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 6 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Drive to the camp store to carpool to the start of the trail.
• DEVIL’S BACKBONE HIKE will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, June 7 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Drive to the camp store to carpool to the start of the trail.
• WOLF RUN, a 7-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Tuesday, July 16, beginning at 6:30 p.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The race is a Fun Fest event as well as a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, beginning at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• PHIPPS BEND RIVER RUN, a 10-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, beginning at 8 a.m., at Phipps Bend in Surgoinsville. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
• TRI-CITIES UNITED Club is hosting assessments for girls and boys select soccer at Eastman Park in Kingsport. They are: June 3-4 (boys U13-15, birth year 2005-2007, 5:45-7:15 p.m.); June 3-4 (boys U16-19, birth year 2001-2004, 7:15-8:45 p.m.); June 5-6 (girls U13-15, birth year 2005-2007, 5:45-7:15 p.m.); and June 5-6 (girls U16-19, birth year 2001-2004, 7:15-8:45 p.m.). Registration fee is $25, which offsets administrative costs and field rental. All players must register for assessments even if unable to attend; email Jinny Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
• MILLIGAN MEN’S SOCCER Summer Day Camps, for boys and girls ages 6-14, will be held June 3-6 and July 8-11, from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on the Milligan campus. Fee is $165 per week. Registration forms are available online at milliganbuffs.com, and checks can be made payable to Milligan Soccer, P.O. Box 500, Milligan College, TN 37682. Call the men’s soccer at (423) 461-8469 or email coach Kyle Findlay at email@example.com to learn more.
• ETSU BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY camps for male soccer players are coming up this summer at Summers Taylor Soccer Complex. The half-day (ages 5-14, 8:45 a.m.-noon; cost: $145) and full-day camps (ages 7-14, 8:45 a.m.-4 p.m.; cost: $220) are set for June 10-13 and the Elite Residential Camp is set for July 17-20 (ages 12-up; cost: $375 for commuters and $475 for residential). For more information, go online at bucssocceracademy.com or contact Josh Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 439-8437.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Mixed Doubles League runs May 18-July 6. For more information, email email@example.com.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Combo League runs Aug. 17-Sept. 28. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS Association has several ways to get involved in tennis this spring and summer. Among the META offerings: Tennis on Tap at Ida Stone Jones Center in Bristol, Tenn., June 6-27, 7-8:30 p.m., at Borden Park in Kingsport, July 3-25, 7-8:30 p.m. and at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Aug. 1-29, 7-10 p.m.; Memorial Day Mixer, Borden Park in Kingsport, May 27, 9 a.m.-noon; Fourth of July Mixer at Ida Stone Jones Center in Bristol, Tenn., July 4, 9 a.m.-noon; Labor Day Mixer at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Sept. 2, 9 a.m.-noon; and META Social Tennis in June, July and August. For more information about META, email email@example.com.
• COALFIELD PROGRESS TENNIS Tournament, sponsored by Impressions Inc., is set for Friday, June 21, through, Sunday, June 23 at Virginia-Wise’s Jim and Betty Humphreys Tennis Complex. The event features singles and doubles events with both junior and adult divisions; limit of two events per person. Entry fee is $12 per person/per event with all proceeds benefiting the Cavaliers men’s and women’s tennis programs; deadline is Wednesday, June 19 at 5 p.m. Go online at uvawisecavs.com and click the Tennis tab or call tournament director Danny Rowland at (276) 328-1100 or (276) 870-8744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FUN FEST FAST4 TOURNAMENT, a Mountain Empire Tennis Association event, will be held July 19 at Borden Park in Kingsport. For more information, email email@example.com.
• TUSCULUM VOLLEYBALL CAMPS are coming up this summer. They are: Young Pioneers Camp, for ages 8-10 (June 3-4, $75 per camper); All-Skills Camp, for ages 10-13 (June 5-7, $225 per camper); Positional Camp, for ages 13-18 (June 10-12, $275 per overnight camper or $225 for commuter campers); and Team Camp, for high school teams (June 13-15, $300 per overnight camper or $275 per commuter camper). For more information, contact Coach Marante at (423) 636-7328 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration and more information is available online at TusculumPioneers.com/sports/wvball/index.
• ETSU VOLLEYBALL CAMPS, conducted by coach Benavia Jenkins, will be held this spring and summer. The camps are open to male and female players with the exception of the College Prep camp. The camps are: College Prep (July 13-15, girls ages 14-18, $330 for residential camp, $300 for commuters); All-Skills Day Camp (July 29-30, ages 12-18, $150); and Youth Day Camp (9 a.m.-noon, July 29-30, ages 6-12, $125). For more information, go online at BenaviaVolleyballCamps.com.
• VIRGINIA-WISE VOLLEYBALL has set its summer camps at the Prior Convocation Center on the college’s campus. The first Skills Camp, for eighth-graders and above, will be held July 15-17, from 9 a.m.-noon. The second Skills Camp, for seventh-graders and below, will be held July 15-17, from 1-4 p.m. The registration fee for both is $75. The Elite Camp, for high school players in ninth through 12th grade who plan to compete at the collegiate level, is set for July 19, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The registration fee is $50. Go online at uvawisecavs.com and click the Camps tab for more information or to register. Contact Kristen Salyer at email@example.com or (276) 376-3423.