• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS REBELS 9-under local travel baseball team is hosting private tryouts for the upcoming fall/spring seasons. All games will be in the Tri-Cities area. For more information, contact Justin Crawford at (423) 765-3782.
• VELOCITY BASEBALL USSSA 11-under team is hosting private tryouts. Contact Coach Jay at (423) 833-1304, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go online at velocitybaseballofjc.teamapp.com for more information.
• ETSU WOMEN’S BASKETBALL and coach Brittney Ezell will hold a Buccaneer Experience Camp for high schoolers on Aug. 4-5 inside Brooks Gym in Johnson City. The Wednesday, Aug. 4 camp is for rising juniors and seniors, and the Thursday, Aug. 5 camp is for rising freshmen and sophomores. Cost is 50. To register, go online at BrittneyEzellBasketball.com. For more information, call the ETSU women’s basketball offices at (423) 439--5330 or email BrittneyEzellBasketball@gmail.com.
• CARSON-NEWMAN’S shooting camp will be held from noon-3 p.m. on Aug. 6-10; fee is $75. To learn more, call Eagles assistant coach Shane Williams at (423) 943-3037 or email email@example.com.
• VIRGINIA-WISE WOMEN’S BASKETBALL Elite Camp, for rising eighth-graders through seniors, is set for Saturday, Aug. 11 at the Prior Center. Coach Jamie Cluesman and her staff will instruct campers on collegiate level drills, shooting competitions, competitive 5-on-5 games and learn about the life of a collegiate student athlete. Early registration ends July 31. Go online at vawisecavs.com.
• LINCOLN MEMORIAL Men’s Basketball Elite Camps will be held Aug. 19. Fee per attendee is $75. For more information, contact Railsplitters assistant coach Jeremiah Samarrippas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS ATHLETIC COMMISSION is registering for youth basketball, age divisions 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-13. Deadline to sign up is Nov. 11. Go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com.
• 17TH SHOOTING STARS fall 3-on-3 league signups, with boys and girls divisions for grades 4-12, run through Aug. 31. Entry fee is $150 per team, which includes 12 games plus the tournament. Games will be played Sunday afternoons, starting Sept. 2, at Science Hill in Johnson City. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• LYNN GARDEN LYNX FALL CHEERLEADING signups for ages 5-12 will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, July 30-Aug. 4, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lynx Football Stadium, 257 Walker Street, Kingsport. Must be 5 years old before May 1 and cannot be 13 before May 1. For more information, call (423) 782-0203 or (423) 534-3733.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-Surgoinsville Recreation Department is registering for youth football in July. Age brackets are 6-8 and 9-12; fee is $40 per player. The child must turn 6 before Sept. 30, 2018, but may not turn 13 before that date or be in the seventh grade to be eligible to play. Register your child Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., at Church Hill City Hall or online at churchhilltn.gov. Call (423) 357-7010 with further questions.
• LYNN GARDEN LYNX FALL FOOTBALL signups for ages 5-12 will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, July 30-Aug. 4, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lynx Football Stadium (located at 257 Walker Street in Kingsport). Must be 5 years old before May 1 and cannot be 13 before May 1. For more information, call (423) 782-0203 or (423) 534-3733.
• BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB of Greater Kingsport is conducting signups through Aug. 10 for the Sullivan County Football League Indians football and cheer teams. Sign up Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., at the Eastman Center behind Pratt’s BBQ on Stone Drive in Kingsport. Cost is $25 for members and $35 for non-members. A child who attends any Kingsport city school is eligible to play. Divisions are flag (ages 5-7), junior varsity (ages 8-9) and varsity (ages 10-12). The Indians play all home games at J. Fred Johnson Stadium. For more information, contact Travis Herron at (423) 429-3642.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS FLAG FOOTBALL evaluations, for boys and girls ages 3-17, will be held at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 11 at South View Community Park, 401 Rock Springs Road, Kingsport. Entry fee is $60. For more information or to register, go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com or contact Chad Rutherford at (423) 416-0775.
• The MECC FOUNDATION-BALLAD HEALTH Golf Classic will be held Friday, Aug. 10 at Cedar Hill Country Club in Jonesville. Registration for the Captain’s Choice tournament will begin at 8 a.m., with a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m. Proceeds benefit the Lee County Endowed Scholarship at MECC. All proceeds raised during the tournament will be matched by an anonymous donor up to $30,000. Entry fee is $75 per person or $300 per 4-person team, and includes breakfast, mulligan package, gift for every golfer, goody bag, range balls, cart fees, green fees and lunch. Corporate and hole sponsorship opportunities available. Call (276) 523-2400, ext. 287, or email Jeri Bledsoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SECOND DOBYNS-BENNETT BASEBALL Golf Challenge will be held Saturday, Aug. 11 at Crockett Ridge Golf Course, 4439 L Jack Drive, Kingsport. There will be a 9 a.m. shotgun start for the four-man, select-shot event, which is sponsored by The Plastic Surgery Center of East Tennessee. Entry fee is $75 per player or $300 per team; lunch will be provided by Texas Roadhouse. For more information or to register, contact Jennifer McDavid at (423) 956-0445 or email@example.com or D-B coach Ryan Wagner at (423) 384-0985 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FALL CREEK HIKE at Warriors Path State Park begins at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 1. Drive to the camp store and carpool to the trail.
• HIKE THE BONEYARD at Warriors Path State Park at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 2. Wear comfortable shoes and bring water for this challenging 2-3 mile hike. Drive to the camp store and carpool to the trail.
• SINKING WATERS RIDGE HIKE at Warriors Path State Park starts at 9:30 a.m., Friday, Aug. 3. Meet at the camp store and carpool to the trail.
• HOLSTON BLUFFS RAILROAD TOUR HIKE at Warriors Path State Park starts at 9 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 4. Meet at the benches in the middle of the overflow campground.
• CREEK WALK at Warriors Path State Park starts at 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 4. Wear old clothes and tennis shoes; be prepared to get wet. Meet at the camp store and carpool to the trail.
• SLIPSTREAM TRACK & FIELD CLUB is entering its 26th summer season. Open to all athletes ages 7-18 from Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, practices are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Daniel Boone and on Mondays at Greeneville. Practices start at 6:30 p.m. For more information, go online at slipstreamtrackclub.com or contact club director Brian Buckner at (423) 742-5004.
• APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K, 3-mile power walk and 1-mile fun walk will be held Saturday, Aug. 4 in Appalachia. Preregistration for the 5K is $14; day-of-race fee is $15. Preregistration for the walk events is $10; day-of-race fee is $11. For more information, contact Randy Blair at (276) 393-9577.
• FIT4LIFE GLOW RUN 5K — featuring an ’80s theme — will be held Friday, Aug. 10 at The Wellness Center in Johnson City. Go online at thegoosechase.org/5k-glow-run for more information.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will take place Saturday, Sept. 15, starting at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or go online at RunTriCities.org.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, presented by The Goose Chase, will be held on Sunday, Sept. 30 at Founders Park in Johnson City. The Kid’s Race begins at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28. For more information, go online at thegoosechase.org/bluegrass-half-marathon-relays.
• CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-Surgoinsville Recreation Department is registering for youth outdoor soccer in July. Age brackets are 7-9 and 10-13; fee is $20 per player. The child must turn 7 before Sept. 30, 2018, but may not turn 14 before that date to be eligible to play. Register your child Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., at Church Hill City Hall or online at churchhilltn.gov. Call (423) 357-7010 with further questions.
• JOHNSON CITY PARKS and Recreation is registering for its girls travel softball league. Teams for ages 8-under, 10-under and 12-under will play an eight-game schedule starting Monday, Aug. 13; sites are Metro-Kiwanis Park and Carnegie Park. Cost is $200 per team plus $5 for each non-city resident. Register at the Winged Deer Park Athletic Office, 4137 Bristol Highway, by Friday, Aug. 3.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL Swim School for ages 4 and up is registering for the fall sessions (Aug. 14-Sept. 6 and Sept. 18-Oct. 11) at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $125. Register online atnKingsportPiranhas.com. Call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email swimKingsport@gmail.com for more information.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS FALL CLINIC and tryouts, for all swimmers interested in joining the Piranhas, will be held Aug. 13-23 at Dobyns-Bennett. Cost is $80. Register online at KingsportPiranhas.com. Call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or email swimKingsport@gmail.com for more information.
• ROCK, ROW & RUN KIDS AQUATHLON, for ages 6-12, is set for 9 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18 at Legion Street Pool, 111 Legion St., Johnson City. Participants will row a kayak (which will be furnished) across Legion Street Pool, run the distance and then join the party. Cost is $25 per person through Aug. 10 and $35 afterward. Register online at myjcparks.org or at Memorial Park Community Center, 510 Bert St., Johnson City. For more information, call (423) 434-5749.