• ETSU BASEBALL COACH Joe Pennucci is conducting several camps this summer at Thomas Stadium. The remaining youth camps are June 24-27 and July 22-25; cost is $150. Prospect camps, for grades 9-12, will be held from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on July 20 and Sept. 1; cost is $150. Contact Zach Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 401-3372.
• TRIBE 9-UNDER BASEBALL TRYOUTS for the 2020 season will be held July 13 at 10 a.m. at the Dobyns-Bennett softball field. Any child born between May 1, 2010, and April 30, 2011, is eligible. Contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 or email@example.com, Kelly Morton at (423) 306-9665 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lucas Henderson at (423) 963-0828.
• TUSCULUM BASKETBALL CAMPS are coming up this summer. Remaining are Fundamental Skills Camp (June 19-21, $75 per camper) and two Shooting Camps (June 26-28 and July 10-12, $75 per camper). To learn more, contact Pioneers assistant coach Darren Higgins at (423) 676-8778 or email@example.com.
• ETSU WOMEN’S COACH BRITTNEY EZELL will host a pair of camps this summer. The Future Bucs Camp, for ages 6-13, will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., on Saturday June 22; cost is $40. The Buccaneer Experience Camp will be held Aug 3-4 (Saturday for juniors and seniors, Sunday for freshmen and sophomores); cost is $60. Go online at brittneyezellbasketball.com for more information and to register.
• ETSU INDIVIDUAL YOUTH CAMP, hosted by Bucs men’s coach Steve Forbes, will be held June 24-27, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., on the university’s Johnson City campus. Cost is $250 (with $50 nonrefundable deposit). Check-in starts at 7:45 a.m. in Gordon Ball Court, first floor of the Mini Dome, 1081 John Robert Bell Drive. For more information or to register, contact Frank Davis at (678) 780-1560 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or go online at register.ryzer.com/camp.cfm?sport=4&id=132513.
• GEORGE PITTS BASKETBALL position camp for boys ages 7-17 is July 15-18 at King. Visit tornadobasketballcamps.com, email email@example.com or call (423) 652-4781.
• VIRGINIA-WISE MEN’S BASKETBALL Elite Camp is scheduled for Aug. 3-4. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com for more information.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 21st SHOOTING STARS SUMMER Basketball League signups run April 10-June 30. The league, for boys and girls grades 3-12, begins play July 8 at Science Hill in Johnson City. There is a 12-game season plus a tournament. Entry fee is $250. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com for information or to register.
• YOUTH FOOTBALL REGISTRATION at the Church Hill/Mount Carmel/Surgoinsville Recreation Department runs through June. Fee is $40 per player. Ages are 7-9 and 10-12; a child must turn 7 before Sept. 30, 2019, and must not turn 13 before that date. The season begins on Sept. 16. Register online at churchhilltn.gov or at Church Hill City Hall between 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Call the Rec Office at (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
• BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS East Tennessee Golf Classic, presented by Edfinancial Services and Regal Entertainment Group, will be held Friday, June 21 at Avalon Golf and Country Club in Lenoir City. All funds from the tournament go to BBBS-ETN. For more on BBBS-ETN fundraising events, go online at TennesseeBig.org/events.
• MAYOR’S CUP GOLF TOURNAMENT, benefiting the Northeast State Community College Foundation, will be held Friday, June 21 at Johnson City Country Club, 1901 E. Unaka Ave. Check-in will begin at 8 a.m., followed by a 9 a.m. shotgun start. All event proceeds go toward student programs and needs at Northeast State. Entry fee per player is $125. A team sponsorship is $650, which includes one foursome team and cart signage. Other sponsorships are available. To register or to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 279-7630. In case of inclement weather, the tournament’s rain date is July 26.
• NIGHT HIKE TO WHITE TAIL LOOP TRAIL is set to begin at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, June 18 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Bring a flashlight and drive to the camper check-in station to carpool to the trail.
• FALL CREEK LOOP TRAIL hike will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, June 21 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Drive to the camp store and carpool to the start of the two-hour hike.
• NIGHT HIKE TO SINKING WATERS is set to begin at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Bring a dim flashlight and drive to the camp store to carpool to the trail.
• SINKING WATERS RIDGE HIKE starts at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, June 28 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Drive to the camper check-in station to carpool to the start of the trail.
• WOLF RUN, a 7-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Tuesday, July 16, beginning at 6:30 p.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The race is a Fun Fest event as well as a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, beginning at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• PHIPPS BEND RIVER RUN, a 10-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, beginning at 8 a.m., at Phipps Bend in Surgoinsville. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
• TUSCULUM WOMEN’S COACH MIKE JOY has set dates for the Joy of Soccer Camps. They are: Coed/Individual/High School ID Camp, for ages 7-17, June 23-27; and Team Camp, July 14-18. For pricing and more information, contact Coach Joy at (423) 636-7321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MILLIGAN MEN’S SOCCER Summer Day Camp, for boys and girls ages 6-14, will be held July 8-11, from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on the Milligan campus. Fee is $165 per week. Registration forms are available online at milliganbuffs.com, and checks can be made payable to Milligan Soccer, P.O. Box 500, Milligan College, TN 37682. Call the men’s soccer at (423) 461-8469 or email coach Kyle Findlay at email@example.com to learn more.
• ETSU BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY Elite Residential Camp is July 17-20 (ages 12-up; cost: $375 for commuters and $475 for residential) at Summers Taylor Soccer Complex. Go online at bucssocceracademy.com or contact Josh Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 439-8437.
• YOUTH OUTDOOR SOCCER REGISTRATION at the Church Hill/Mount Carmel/Surgoinsville Recreation Department runs through June. Fee is $20 per player. Ages are 5-6, 7-9 and 10-13; a child must turn 5 before Sept. 30, 2019, and must not turn 14 before that date. The season begins on July 15. Register online at churchhilltn.gov or at Church Hill City Hall between 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Call the Rec Office at (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
• ADULT COED SOFTBALL LEAGUE registration for Church Hill/Mount Carmel/Surgoinsville Recreation runs through June 19. Cost per team is $275. For more information, call (423) 357-7010.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Mixed Doubles League runs May 18-July 6. For more information, email email@example.com.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Combo League runs Aug. 17-Sept. 28. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS Association has several ways to get involved in tennis this spring and summer. Among the META offerings: Tennis on Tap at Ida Stone Jones Center in Bristol, Tenn., June 6-27, 7-8:30 p.m., at Borden Park in Kingsport, July 3-25, 7-8:30 p.m., and at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Aug. 1-29, 7-10 p.m.; Fourth of July Mixer at Ida Stone Jones Center in Bristol, Tenn., July 4, 9 a.m.-noon; Labor Day Mixer at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Sept. 2, 9 a.m.-noon; and META Social Tennis in June, July and August. For more information about META, email email@example.com.
• COALFIELD PROGRESS TENNIS Tournament, sponsored by Impressions Inc., is set for Friday, June 21, through Sunday, June 23 at Virginia-Wise’s Jim and Betty Humphreys Tennis Complex. The event features singles and doubles events with both junior and adult divisions; limit of two events per person. Entry fee is $12 per person/per event with all proceeds benefiting the Cavaliers men’s and women’s tennis programs; deadline is Wednesday, June 19 at 5 p.m. Go online at uvawisecavs.com and click the Tennis tab or call tournament director Danny Rowland at (276) 328-1100 or (276) 870-8744 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FUN FEST FAST4 TOURNAMENT, a Mountain Empire Tennis Association event, will be held July 19 at Borden Park in Kingsport. For more information, email email@example.com.
• FIRST RIDGEVIEW OPEN TENNIS Tournament is set for July 24-28 on the Ridgeview High School. Multiple divisions in singles and doubles are offered. The entry fee is $10 per person per event and all proceeds benefit the Ridgeview girls tennis team. Contact Adam Smith, tournament director, at (276) 207-8758.
• 46th VIRGINIA-WISE TENNIS TOURNAMENT, sponsored by Impressions Inc. and the Coalfield Progress, will be held Friday-Sunday, July 26-28 at the Jim and Betty Humphreys Tennis Complex. Singles and doubles events for both junior and adult players are offered. Entry fee is $12 per person/per event; deadline to register is Wednesday, July 24 at 5 p.m. Events are limited to two per person. For more information, go online at uvawisecavs.com or contact tournament director Danny Rowland at (276) 328-1100 (office) or (276) 870-8744 (cell) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ETSU VOLLEYBALL CAMPS, conducted by coach Benavia Jenkins, will be held this spring and summer. The camps are open to male and female players with the exception of the College Prep camp. The camps are: College Prep (July 13-15, girls ages 14-18, $330 for residential camp, $300 for commuters); All-Skills Day Camp (July 29-30, ages 12-18, $150); and Youth Day Camp (9 a.m.-noon, July 29-30, ages 6-12, $125). For more information, go online at BenaviaVolleyballCamps.com.
• VIRGINIA-WISE VOLLEYBALL has set its summer camps at the Prior Convocation Center on the college’s campus. The first Skills Camp, for eighth-graders and above, is July 15-17, from 9 a.m.-noon. The second Skills Camp, for seventh-graders and below, will be held July 15-17, from 1-4 p.m. The registration fee for both is $75. The Elite Camp, for high school players in grades 9-12 who plan to compete at the collegiate level, is July 19, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The registration fee is $50. Go online at uvawisecavs.com and click the Camps tab for more information or to register. Contact Kristen Salyer at email@example.com or (276) 376-3423.